In whatever our capacity as artists and musicians, we pledge to respect the 2005 call for Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions (BDS) against the state of Israel, and hereby endorse the following points of unity:
1. We, Punks Against Apartheid, exist to foment greater solidarity between the global punk community and the struggle for Palestinian liberation.
2. We honor the call for Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions (BDS) in its entirety. We will not play or do public speaking events in Israel that are in violation of Palestinian civil society’s call for cultural boycott.1
3. We will not perform, exhibit or otherwise participate in events which deceptively suggest symmetry or shared responsibility between “both sides” for Israel’s ongoing colonial oppression of the Palestinian people and its system of apartheid.
4. We seek, wherever possible, to use our art, music and expression to provide informational support and real solidarity to the cause of Palestinian liberation.
5. We will uphold the cultural boycott of Israel until it meets its moral and legal obligation to recognize the Palestinian people’s inalienable right to self-determination.
- The global Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions campaign recognizes provisions that specifically apply to artists within Israel supportive of BDS. Obviously, such artists will play and operate within Israel proper, but will refuse to play at events or with other acts seeking to support the illegal occupation or whitewash the reality of apartheid. [↩]